Effective Date: September 25th, 2012
* The information we collect and use, including how we generally use that information.
* What we share and disclose and why and to whom.
* What “Cookies” and “Web beacons” are and how we use them.
* How to update and delete your account information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If you under the age of 13, you should not use our Site.
Information Collection and Use
* We collect personal information from you whenever you interact with the Site, such as when you:
* register with the Site,
* use our products or services,
* transmit, submit or post information on the Site,
* enter promotions,
* request information on third party products or services, or request a third party to contact you regarding such information, and
* visit web pages on the Site or on the web sites of certain of our partners.
* We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
* When you register, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with the Site and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. You are free to use the Site without registering or setting up a personal KYC account; however, some of our services and web pages are available only to those who are registered users.
* We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
* We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the pages you request.
* We use your personal information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site.
* In general, we provide access to your personal information only to KYC employees and contractors who we believe need that access in order to do their jobs and to provide products or services to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
* We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent. You consent to our use and sharing of your personal information as follows:
* We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with KYC under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help KYC communicate with you about offers from KYC and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
* We may share aggregate non-personal information with third parties such as the media, advertisers, and government agencies. This aggregate information is typically in the form of statistics, such as numbers of the Site’s users who live in a particular state or fall within a particular age group. Such aggregate information is gathered from individual KYC users’ information but is not traceable to any specific identifiable KYC user.
* We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and collect data when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements on this site, other sites, and other forms of media about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
We do not share your personal information with our advertisers. However, the advertising we display is targeted to users of particular services and content. So if you view or click on a targeted ad, the advertiser (or other companies affiliated with the advertiser) may assume that you meet the targeting criteria for example, men age 20-30 from a particular geographic area or with children of a certain age.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can set up your browser to reject cookies or tell you when a cookie has been sent. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of the Site‚Äôs interactive features, and we hope you will leave them turned on. The Site also uses web beacons (also known as action tags or single pixel gifs) to access KYC cookies inside and outside our web pages and in connection with KYC products and services. A web beacon is a transparent image placed on a web page that sends a signal when a person visits that page. This enables us to assess the popularity and effectiveness of the material posted on the Site. We may also use web beacons in connection with e-mails sent to the Site‚Äôs users, to let us know whether and when the e-mail was opened. No personal information is transmitted through web beacons.
Third-party Ad Serving
* KYC contracts with third party companies to help us make sure that our content and advertising are relevant and effective, and to analyze how visitors use our Site. The type of information we collect includes, for example, the pages you visited at the Site. This information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which products are most interesting, and what kinds of offers our visitors like to see. Although our third party marketing partners manage the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used.
*Additionally, we use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including any personally identifying information) about your visits to this and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Using a tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative, you can opt out of several third party ad servers‚ and ad networks‚ web cookies simultaneously. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please follow the following link: http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please contact us if you would like to know the identity of the third-party advertising companies we are currently using to serve ads.
Your Ability to Update and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
* You can update your account information, including your biographical and profile information, and privacy preferences, at any time, by going to http://www.knowyourbank.com/accounts/profile/edit/.
* We reserve the right to send you certain important communications relating to the operation of the Site, such as service announcements and administrative messages, throughout the term of your personal account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these important communications.
* You can terminate your account at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below.
Questions and Suggestions
Know Your Corp.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone: +1 305-330-1730