Knowyourbank.com was founded with one goal in mind. To deliver better banking information to consumers. We do this by giving users easy access to in depth bank financials for all U.S. Banks and Credit Unions and the education to know what you should be looking for.
* Access to over 14,000 U.S. banks, credit unions and thrifts
* Information on over 120,000 bank and credit union branches
* In-depth bank financials, including financial ratios, assets and liabilities and CDS
* Access to fees information, accounts and rates data
* Bank reviews and feedback from peers
* Find local banks near you with geo-location and mapping
At Knowyourbank.com We Believe In:
1) Bank Transparency - You have the right to know how safe your money is. Most people have no idea how their bank is performing and how liquid it is. Knowyourbank.com provides liquidity and performance benchmarks for every U.S. Bank and Credit Union (We have Thrift location info but financial info will not be available till June).
2) Customer Education - While we believe that banks need to be more transparent with customers, we also believe that consumers need to have the education to understand how safe their money is, how to use debt safely and continue to build a solid financial future. Our blog, education and FAQ's sections provide information about banking terminology, financial advice, banking news, and more.
3) A Better Banking Experience - We all deserve it. After all, our money is the instrument banks need to continue doing business. We believe that banks should value each and every customer and strive to build a better banking experience for their customers through better service, communication, and relationships.
How Knowyourbank.com Started
by Franklin Ross, CEO and Co-Founder
Knowyourbank.com was born out of the 2007-2009 financial crisis and the bank failures that followed. At that time I was working as a financial analyst and became concerned with the liquidity of the banks that myself and my family had our deposits with. I was most concerned about the safety of my mother's assets, as she was coming into retirement, and there was no room for mistakes. I realized that when I went to gather information on the safety of the banks that we had deposits with that there was no place to go to easily understand how safe my bank was, so I was left to go to bank financial reports and do the calculations by hand. This was a time consuming process, and one that my mother would not have been able to do on her own. At that time I knew there needed to be a better resource, one that would make the process of understanding your bank's safety quick and easy. That is the seed of Knowyourbank.com, a seed that was stored away until I met my fellow co-founder Grant Deken.
Grant and I met in September of 2011 and became good friends. He had prior experience in the web and I knew at that time he would be the right person to help grow the seed of Knowyourbank.com. Grant came on fulltime to Knowyourbank.com in January 2012. And from there we have built the beta site of Knowyourbank.com. Our vision is to create a truly transformative product, one that will help retail bank customers make the best decisions for themselves and their families.
Our pledge to our users is that we will never stop improving Knowyourbank.com and that we will continue to build a product that will not only assist you but help you make more educated banking decisions.
Who's Talking About Knowyourbank.com?
"As far as figuring out which banks are better, then this site is certainly one of the most informative resources around. It brings together up-to-the-date banking information that you can access in lots of different ways."